- Solo Exhibition, Corden-Potts Gallery, San Francisco, California
- TURF: Ecological Art and Activism, Diablo Valley College Art Gallery, Pleasant Hill, California
- Portfolios, Corden-Potts Gallery, San Francisco, California
- More Roots and Shrubs, (solo exhibition), Bolinas Art Museum, Bolinas, California
- Photo-synthesis, (3 person show), Chandra Cerrito Contemporary, Oakland, California
- Begin work on Redwood Redux Suite, commission for
SF General Hospital Acute Care Unit,
consisting of 3 major compositions rendered
in laminated glass.
- Canopy Dreams, a suite of four works in glass commissioned for the
H2 Hotel, Healdsburg, California
- Life, Still, University of San Francisco Law School Gallery
- Memorial Sloane Kettering Cancer Center, New York, 4 public artworks
- Roots and Shrubs, solo exhibition, LIMN Gallery, San Francisco, California
- New Photography: 4 Photographers, JK Gallery, Culver City, California
- Bridge Art Fair, Miami, Florida, presentation by Chandra Cerrito Contemporary
- Slumber, private commission sculpture, Westin Verasa Residences, Napa, CA
- Design Finalist: SFO Secure Connector Project, San Francisco Arts Commission
- Stephen Galloway, solo exhibition, LIMN Seattle, Seattle, Washington
- Nature Study, Chandra Cerrito Contemporary, Oakland, California
- Becoming Independent, A Street Gallery, Santa Rosa, California
- Stephen Galloway, solo exhibition, LIMN Gallery, San Francisco, California
- Stephen Galloway, solo exhibition, Center for Photographic Art, Carmel, California
- Stephen Galloway/Stephen Lai, two person exhibit, Silver Eye Center for Photography, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Firecrackers: Artists to Watch, Roshambo Gallery, Healdsburg, California
- Inner Vision, Contemporary Quarterly Project Space (online)
- NextNature, solo exhibition, Sonoma County Museum of Art, Santa Rosa, California
- Coming and Going, public commission, L.A. Metro Art, Los Angeles, California
- Michelle Bello Fine Art at Sloan Miyasato, San Francisco, California
- San Francisco Hearts, commissioned work for citywide art exhibition
- Selections from Magnolia Editions, San Jose Museum of Art
- Plastic Gardens, Josee Bienvenu Gallery, New York, New York
- Gallery Artists, J.J. Brookings Gallery, San Francisco, California
- Hybrid: New Technologies in Printmaking, University of Art Gallery, San Francisco State University
- Depicting Absence, Implying Presence, San Jose Institute of Contemporary Art
- Grant Recipient Exhibition, Marin Art Council, Falkirk Center, San Rafael, California
- Cathedra, solo installation, San Jose Museum of Art, San Jose, California
- Annual Photography Exhibition, Three Rivers Art Festival, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania
- In Over Our Heads: Images of Water in Contemporary Art, San Jose Museum of Art, San Jose, California
- A Dream Of You Dreaming, artist's project for the World Wide Web, Capp Street Project Website, San Francisco, California
- Emerging Artists Exhibition, Southern Exposure Gallery, San Francisco, California
- Exteriors: Looking at the Landscape, Gensler, San Francisco, California
- A Dream Of You Dreaming, solo installation, Capp Street Project, San Francisco, California
- Sound, Image, Object, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, California
- Untitled, solo installation, Main Branch, San Francisco Public Library
- 10,000 Fears, 10,000 Desires, solo installation, San Francisco Art Commission Gallery, San Francisco, California
- New Photography, Intersection for the Arts, San Francisco, California
- Text and Image, SF Camerawork, San Francisco, California
- Bay Area Student Show, SF Camerawork, San Francisco, California
- Selections '90, EYE Gallery, San Francisco, California
- Competition DIOMEDE, P.S.1, New York, New York
2007 Hirsch, Robert. Light and Lens, Focal Press: Oxford, UK.
Oakland Magazine, vol. 4, issue 7, "From Warehouse to There House."
2006 Contemporary Quarterly, Vol.2, "Inner Vision."
2005 Artweek, December 2005, "Stephen Galloway at the Sonoma County Museum."
2004 San Francisco Chronicle, April 23, 2004, "Artists Jump in with Both Feet."
2001 San Francisco Chronicle, February 2, 2001, "Winners on Display," (image)
1999 Artweek, October 1999, "Stephen Galloway at the San Jose Museum of Art."
San Jose Mercury News, June 6, 1999, "All-American 'SURROUNDINGS'"
2000 Individual Artist's Grant, Marin Arts Council
1999 Live/Work Residency, Djerassi Resident Artists Program
1990 Ilford Award for Emerging Artist, Eye Gallery, San Francisco, California
1994 M.F.A. photography, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
1991 B.A. photography, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California
Current Professor, Photography and Digital Arts; Chair, Art Department, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, California